Our role as funeral directors is primarily to look after the needs of you and your family from the start of the funeral process to the finish — in a caring and dignified manner.
We are here to provide you with any advice that you require, and to make all necessary arrangements for you — in order to provide a funeral service that suits your family’s requirements.
Here at Meighans Funerals, we offer a full range of caring support and professional services.
Our services include:
- The transfer of your loved one to our funeral home (24 hours, 7 days).
- Conduct a personal consultation with you and your family to make all arrangements and discuss every detail of the funeral service.
- Set the day and time of the funeral with you and your family, and organise the appropriate, priest, minister or celebrant.
- Organise your chosen funeral venue.
- Make arrangements with your chosen cemetery or crematorium.
- Advice on choosing an appropriate coffin.
- Arrange family viewings (if required).
- Word and place media funeral notices, including notifications here on our website.
- Order floral arrangements.
- Arrange an organist or other musical requirements.
- Set up and print Order of Service leaflets and Thank You stationery.
- Reserve parking at funeral venues for immediate family members (where possible).
- Provide after-funeral catering
- Source hire cars or cater for other transportation needs of your family.
- Obtain a death certificate from the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Advise pension authorities of the death.
- Placement of ashes, or organise the return of ashes to your family.
- Advice on stone mason services, if required.
- Provide inter-city, interstate and international transfers, and funeral arrangements.